Christmas Cookie Time!
Christmas is only 3 days away, but better late than never right! We had a Christmas Brunch today and I decided to make cookie boxes as gifts for everyone!What made this special, I pulled out some of my grams old recipes, and I used her vintage Kitchen Aid Mixer. She passed away a year ago, but her love and memories live on through her hand written recipes. She used to always mail me envelopes full of her recipes and ones she had printed off for me! I took it for granted at the time , but boy how I miss those days!
Chocolate Andes Cookies
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder (dry)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ butter recipe chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Crushed Andes Pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, stir together coffEE and vanilla until coffee is dissolved. In large bowl, mix cake mix, coffee mixture, butter and eggs with spoon until soft dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until surface appears dry. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Sprinkle andes on cookies. Cool completely. Store covered