I love you as much as donuts!
Everyone loves donuts right!? They are kinda a hot craze right now. And everyone loves cake too? Right? At least I do. These are 2 of my favorite things to bake. So when one of my good gal pals was turning 30, I had an idea….
I knew I wanted to make a fun cake so I thought why not put donuts on a cake? My friend said her favorite cake was chocolate, so I started with that. I used the baked donut recipe from Designlovefest, changed just a few ingredients, but it turned out amazing. See the revised recipe at the bottom!
I baked about 4 layers out of one recipe and left it more of a “naked cake” feel. I really piled the icing on the top to to hold the donuts! I also used skewers to hold the donuts in place and keep them from moving!
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 cup almond breeze(I USED 1/2 & 1/2)
• 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 egg
• 4 tablespoons butter, softened
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• coconut flakes
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
milk-i used 1/2 & 1/2
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups ice water
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups (16 ounces) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
IF you try this, i’d love to hear and see your feedback! Comment below and tell me what you think!!!